Mesothelioma is a type of cancer in which death rate is more than 98% and area affected is the lining of the lungs and chest wall. It can also be called as Lung cancer.
Symptoms can be caused by mesothelioma, but more often they are caused by other conditions also. Still, if you have any of these problems (especially if you have been exposed to asbestos), it’s important to consult your doctor right away so the cause can be found and treated.
Early and common Symptoms of Mesothelioma
- Pain in the side of the chest or lower back.
- Shortness of breath.
- Excessive sweating.
- Weight loss (without trying).
- Trouble swallowing (feeling like food gets stuck), etc..
Peritoneal mesothelioma Symptoms
- Abdominal (belly) pain
- Swelling or fluid in the abdomen
- Weight loss (without trying)
- Nausea and vomiting
Pericardial Mesothelioma Symptoms
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pains
- Heart palpitations
- Heart murmurs
- Fever or night sweats
Pleural Mesothelioma Symptoms
- Faint or harsh breathing
- Dry cough or wheezing
- Pleural effusions
- Coughing up blood
- Body aches
- Blood clotting disorders
- Chest pains
- Shortness of breath
- Reduced chest expansion
Testicular Mesothelioma Symptoms
- Hydrocele (fluid in the scrotum)
- Swollen testicles
- Lump in scrotum
- Testicular pain
Final stage Symptoms
- Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
- Hemoptysis (coughing up blood)
- Laryngeal nerve palsy (hoarseness)
- Horner’s syndrome (nerve damage to face)
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Nerve involvement (of the arm)
- Superior vena cava syndrome (obstruction of the vein that returns blood from the upper body to the heart)