Mesothelioma is a type of cancer in which death rate is more than 98% and area affected is the lining of the lungs and chest wall. It can also be called as Lung cancer.
cancer is a disease which is not curable easily so, Prevention is better than cure.
Mesothelioma Prevention diet
Maintain a Healthy Diet. A well-rounded diet that combines fruits, vegetables and whole grains can lower your risk for cancer. Regularly eat foods rich in antioxidants to help your body repair itself and fend off disease. Get a Mesothelioma Blood Test frequently.
How to Protect from asbestos exposure?
- Don’t use methods that create a lot of dust, like using power tools.
- Don’t sweep up dust and debris – use a Type H vacuum cleaner or wet rags.
- Don’t take home overalls used for asbestos work.
- Don’t reuse disposable clothing or masks.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t eat or drink in the work area.
The best way to reduce Mesothelioma your risk is to limit your exposure to asbestos at home, in public buildings and at work. Older homes may have insulation containing asbestos or other materials.
Workers in certain industries continue to encounter asbestos i.e. who work in shipyards, power plants, chemical plants or in the railroad and automotive industries,so be aware about the toxic asbestos added by the manufactures.
How to Protect from asbestos exposure at work place?
- Ask your employer about any asbestos health risks in your workplace.
- Never cut, saw, drill, sand, scrape asbestos-containing materials.
- Always wear proper protective gear when your work may disturb asbestos.
- Don’t bring home work clothes or shoes that may have been contaminated with asbestos.
- Don’t sweep, dust or vacuum asbestos debris.
- Always dispose of asbestos materials according to state and federal regulations.
- When removing asbestos materials, follow proper methods to ensure complete safety.
- Never perform asbestos work, if you are not trained and certified.
- If you lack the proper training in asbestos removal, leave this type of work to professionals.
How to Protect from asbestos exposure at Home?
- Attic insulation.
- Roof shingles and tar.
- Drywall and drywall glue.
- Floor tiles.
- Popcorn ceilings.
- Joint compounds.
- Wrapping on pipes and electrical wires.
- Damaged or friable asbestos products should be removed from the house immediately.
Blood Test for Mesothelioma
Dubbed Mesomark, a simple blood test that can detect mesothelioma before symptoms appear was approved by the FDA.